Wednesday 7 April 2010

Less than a week to go!


(Picture of Bagamoyo beach)
Blimey the days are flying by! This time next
week Mark and I will have landed in Dar es Salaam and will hopefully be with the Salamans on a beach in Bagamoyo.

For those of you that don't know Mark Courtis, a friend and one of my hardest working volunteers when I was in St. A doing youth work, is travelling out with me for the first month to help carry my bags and to get involved with Mara diocese's horticultural and agricultural projects.

Our initial schedule is quite relaxed giving us time to acclimatise and get used to speaking Swahili. Paul Christine and boys are meeting us at the airport and taking us to the beach for two days (lovely!) then we are travelling with them to Dodoma to spend some time there (where I am hoping to get lots of Swahili practice in) before a quick visit to Kilimatinde and a long bus ride up to Musoma! Once we are in Musoma I have no idea what the schedule will be so watch this space...

My current prayer points are:

For my packing and long list of things to do - That God would be in every step of preparing to go.
For saying goodbye to my family friends and dogs
For safety in and straight forward travel to TZ
For the Mara dioceses as they get ready for me to arrive and their on going ministries
For Paul, Christine, Daniel and Isaac as they also work for God in TZ
For the Vinkster family in Musoma that I would quickly get to know and love them and vice versa.





1 comment:

  1. All seems scarily close now - have you budgeted for all the excess baggage? Good luck in this last week, and safe travels. Take some nice chocolate for when you really need it...

    http://www.bloomsberryusa.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=7

    Jeremy

    ReplyDelete